Feather lover farms

No, they said they will not return money but I have to pay for another speed shipment or they will replace them with slow speed...I am curious now - if the fast speed did not work for these chicks I am going to end up with another 5 dead ones with slow speed... I was not ready to pay more. It is already too much for me.
Honestly I would just say no. No replacement, no refund. Find another breeder and move on. They are a scammy establishment

Yeah, Feather Lover Farms gets bad reviews on this forum. Terrible customer service and kinda scammy that they don’t tell you where they are.
Just adding my 2 cents about feather lover farms. Mother in-law wanted to do something special for my wife and ordered some for her. Of the original 6 three were beyond dead when they arrived and one died the next day. Finally several months later 4 more arrived with two dead. One looks good not sure if the other will be alive in the morning.
Mother in-law is upset but my wife just wants to let it go. Told her if she wants to buy some again go to the local IFA like we do and pick out the ones you like. Much cheaper that way and they are alive.

Hi, users and chickens lovers! I would like to warn you about Feather lover farms as well! I ordered 4 chicks from them , cost me $180 - for me a big money for chickens though. The most expensive ones from Wilco is $5.99 and almost 100% surviving , always. So, wanted to get something exotic. Nice web site, with a lot of pompous words and promises there. I am dumb mot to research them at first. Looks like I am not the one who desperately want to see them in a court! I think I will travel to CA to stop their bulling! They send me 5 chicks instead of 4 and when I showed up at post office the ladies there said that all chicks are dead! ALL OF THEM!!! Really? My grandson was devastating - really bad experience for a little kid, I was upset and chicks - They all were boys!!! What type of eggs I may enjoy??? I do not want to breed them in order to , finally get the egg color they were promising! I wanted to have happy backyard chickens which are laying olive eggs! How I would possibly do this with 5 boys? They are editing review on their web site and not allowed the other ones which do not look pretty! They did not post my review with this graphic picture, of course! Besides all, they keep telling me that I an telling them trashy words! I did not say even single bad words, just describing my feelings which were, definitely, far from happy ones but keep calling me trashy? Seriously? Please, if somebody have a wish to find them and go to the court together, contact me...I think together we have more power! I hope they are official company. I will try my search in secretary of state and if I would not be able to find - that means they are backyard breeder...we will see.
This happened to me with feathers lovers farm. They kept trying to gat me to order more birds because they left my order short! This what they sent me instead of the missing bird. I got the email saying I was talking trash. This must be a common place for them. Over 17 bodies in a 15 count box. Makes me sick! I filed with the bbb.

Attachments

• 838EA04C-E8C3-40F7-8357-70F0D774CE9F.jpeg
    838EA04C-E8C3-40F7-8357-70F0D774CE9F.jpeg
    891.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 2B0DEC2C-9AAA-44F9-9152-8BC45594E3E2.jpeg
    2B0DEC2C-9AAA-44F9-9152-8BC45594E3E2.jpeg
    676.5 KB · Views: 22
My shipment was actually pretty good. Lost 2 of 6 the day after arrival, but one may have just been a normal death and the other was admittedly weak and not top quality (runty and curled toes). The other 4 are doing great about 2 months later.

But I'm not too far away from their hatchery either (roughly 2 days driving time), so it's not like they went cross country

People in the Onagadori world were talking about them, and how they claim to breed Onagadoris, but breed mixes, so I checked them out, def mixes, not top or "Show quality" like they claim, was offput by the lack of tail and saddle feathers, horrible feet, pretty skinny for an onagadori, and on top of that, almost perfect reviews on them? So I came here, glad I did, this is great info to share to my Onagadori breeder friends. PS: For anyone looking to get an Onagadori, you'll likely need to import eggs, there's only 1 true Onagadori breeder in the USA

Even though this thread is old, I will add my two cents. I ordered a dozen chicks from Feather Lover Farms, including 4 Isbars. They sent 5. However, every one of the Isbars had feathered feet. Not just small stubs, full-on feathered feet. I did some research and small feathers on the feet are a recessive trait that does show up on Isbars, but rarely and they should NOT be used in breeding. The fact that ALL of the "Isbars" they sent me have feathered feet, almost looking like Marans, means they are breeding this unwanted trait into the line or they are mixes. In fact, one of my "Isbars" also has very black skin and comb as well. About a 3rd of the chicks died soon after arrival. They have not answered any of my emails to date to reship or even explain why their breeding program is horrible. I only ordered from them because we are both in California so I thought the shipping would be easier on the chicks. I will never order from them again. Buyer beware.

thanks for your update. i also am in CA and tho i have NOT ordered from them it is unlikely i would now. i also look for closest places to get chicks or hatching eggs. i haves had good luck with papa's pouity for eggs. i have not gotten chicks from them (yet!) I am always looking to cut down on my flock and yet....spring comes and end of story!:rolleyes::)

My 4 surviving birds (out of 6 that arrived, 2 free and 4 paid for) were all super healthy. I'm still waiting for the male I kept to crow (to make sure I didn't get ripped off), but they at least look similar to other Ketwas from other sources

People in the Onagadori world were talking about them, and how they claim to breed Onagadoris, but breed mixes, so I checked them out, def mixes, not top or "Show quality" like they claim, was offput by the lack of tail and saddle feathers, horrible feet, pretty skinny for an onagadori, and on top of that, almost perfect reviews on them? So I came here, glad I did, this is great info to share to my Onagadori breeder friends. PS: For anyone looking to get an Onagadori, you'll likely need to import eggs, there's only 1 true Onagadori breeder in the USA
Who is this breeder. Also they said they weren't the best Onagadori. How do you know they are mixes? I know a lot about poultry for someone who is young, but I can't find much information on Onagadoris and what they are supposed to be like.

Back
Top Bottom