Feather Picking During Molt!!

Farmgirl1878

Crowing
7 Years
Mar 17, 2017
Piketon, Ohio
My Coop
My Coop
My partridge Cochin, Shirley, is trying to cover her naked fanny, but her sisters keep picking her feathers out!! Any suggestions other than Blue Kote?

IMG_4541.jpeg

Have you found a solution? If so, how long did it take/what did you do? I'm having the same problem. I've crated the bully and victim on and off for about 3 weeks (the bully is still laying and needs out to lay. The molting victim isn't laying- so while I'm at work I unfortunately have to crate the victim.)

I also tried pinless peepers which didn't work. Albeit- I didn't do it long enough... only 3 days. I also used Pick No More.

I've changed their food to higher protein and have been offering meal worms 2x a day.

I'm going away next week and I don't know what to do! Will probably end up putting the bully back in glasses while I'm gone.

Have you found a solution? If so, how long did it take/what did you do? I'm having the same problem. I've crated the bully and victim on and off for about 3 weeks (the bully is still laying and needs out to lay. The molting victim isn't laying- so while I'm at work I unfortunately have to crate the victim.)

I also tried pinless peepers which didn't work. Albeit- I didn't do it long enough... only 3 days. I also used Pick No More.

I've changed their food to higher protein and have been offering meal worms 2x a day.

I'm going away next week and I don't know what to do! Will probably end up putting the bully back in glasses while I'm gone.
Mine are on gamebird chow during the molt too. The blue kote worked wonders!

Back
Top Bottom