Feather Question

coloradoflock

In the Brooder
May 15, 2023
Hi All,

We have some Cayuga that are about 3 months old now and up till now they’ve all had very smooth feathers. Today we noticed their feathers are looking a bit more ragged. No other signs or symptoms we’ve noticed and they all seem happy as can be, just a bit ragged. Anything the group thinks we should be concerned about or could it just be the fact summer has finally come to Colorado and the past several days have been absolutely boiling? Pictures down below for reference, thanks in advance for all the great advice!

Attachments

• IMG_5143.jpeg
    IMG_5143.jpeg
    778.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5138.jpeg
    IMG_5138.jpeg
    857.3 KB · Views: 6
Hi All,

We have some Cayuga that are about 3 months old now and up till now they’ve all had very smooth feathers. Today we noticed their feathers are looking a bit more ragged. No other signs or symptoms we’ve noticed and they all seem happy as can be, just a bit ragged. Anything the group thinks we should be concerned about or could it just be the fact summer has finally come to Colorado and the past several days have been absolutely boiling? Pictures down below for reference, thanks in advance for all the great advice!
I remember my first ducks doing this their first summer at about the same age. Mine went on to molt, feathers everywhere. I was never sure if it was the heat, their age, or both. But, I wouldn’t worry.

Back
Top Bottom