Feathered enough to go to the coup?

Krystal1983

Chirping
Apr 10, 2021
I was wondering if my chicks are feathered enough to go to the small coup. (I have 2 coups, a small one large enough for about 3 bantam chicks or 2 normal and a big one that will fit all 5 of these pictured fully grown) I live in Oregon and the days are in the mid 70's right now in my area. The chicks go out to the run for hours at a time now and love it. They are trying to fly a lot and get quite some height although they are not really flying yet. They have quite a bit of feathers and the fuzzy baby look is pretty much gone. They are easter egger breed. I've read varying info about it so I am wondering what you guys have to say.
20210514_123843.jpg

What are your evening temperatures? If not too severe, they should do fine with a 'huddle box'.
Im not sure. I will have to look on my weather app. But they are now able to get enough height to get out of their brooder. 😱 which is close to 2 feet tall. Cocoa has gotten out twice! Yikes. Lol Im gonna go check now. I can totally make them a nice cozy huddle box though. I made sure to have everything needed for all stages before purchasing as recommended in a couple videos I watched about chickens. Thank you for your reply!

Back
Top Bottom