Feathers missing

abbly2

Songster
12 Years
Apr 15, 2012
Tennesse
So i have noticed my frizzle has been loosing feather for weeks. Today she almost doesnt have feathers and her vent looks terrible. No signs of sickness and still laying good! Pretty sure its my rooster. What can i do to help her?

Attachments

• IMG_2099.jpeg
    IMG_2099.jpeg
    907.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2091.jpeg
    IMG_2091.jpeg
    990.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2086.jpeg
    IMG_2086.jpeg
    952.2 KB · Views: 7
I would immediately remove her from the flock. It looks like her tail and vent is bleeding, which is causing more plucking. To me, this looks like a plucking issue (the back could be from the rooster though). Is she the only one like her in your flock? Her funky feathers might be drawing more attention to her, thus the plucking.

I would immediately remove her from the flock. It looks like her tail and vent is bleeding, which is causing more plucking. To me, this looks like a plucking issue (the back could be from the rooster though). Is she the only one like her in your flock? Her funky feathers might be drawing more attention to her, thus the plucking.
Yes she is the only frizzle i have! Do i need to put anything on her? Soak her?

Yes she is the only frizzle i have! Do i need to put anything on her? Soak her?
I would clean her with a Saline rinse if possible. First, with a wet cloth, you could attempt to gently pat her wounds until the dried blood comes off. Afterwards, you could put some Neosporin on it. Because she's your only Frizzle, I suggest trying to get her a friend after she's healed up that she can stay away from the flock with. This could keep happening because she's 'different.'

Back
Top Bottom