feathers - what do you do with yours?

Kkkill them? I tell my rooster behave or I'll pull a few out, but unless I were actually, uh, u know, I wouldn't do that. they fall out, I wondered, do you ask them where they got them and do they know somebody died for it (if they do?)

I just updated the post...
hmm.png

Achickenwrangler#1 :

Kkkill them? I tell my rooster behave or I'll pull a few out, but unless I were actually, uh, u know, I wouldn't do that. they fall out, I wondered, do you ask them where they got them and do they know somebody died for it (if they do?)

Trust me, I told them...
hmm.png

good, I just wondered, as for a side line, like eggs, but you don't kill the one that makes them, course there are alot of stupid vanities, I didn't think they went around killin the prettiest roosters for a feather, thatt is stupid, but eventually they all die...hopefully of natural causes

That's horrible they kill them, I jus take my dominiques long thin tail feathers that I can find, clean them, them put them in color dye (green) and they look exactly like the ones in the salon

Last edited by a moderator:
If someone killed my roosters for feathers, I would pull their hair out. A handful at a time. Folks are welcome to ask me for dropped feathers (during molt there are certainly plenty of them around) and I pick up the unusual ones myself. But kill someone's domestic animal and pet just to decorate themselves? I bet these same people parade around in "Save the Whales" T-shirts or shudder at the thought of wearing a real fur. Idiotic.

Yeah, I know, killing anything just for its hide is an ignorant waste, I kill for food, I tan the hides, and eventually I will sell feathers, from meat birds, and since I have alot of game birds with gorgeous feathers I will probably take the time to process them so they don't go to waste. I'm not talking about mass mutilation here, or nothing pretty about mass molting either, I mean the occasional feather that falls to the ground, I don't clean them in any way, since they aren't dirty (at least not as germy as most peoples skin - wanna borrow a microscope?) and truley I;m disapointed when a clop of poo is hanging on one - discard!
But I mean, my pretty birds, I can still look at the feather and know which bird it came from, oh, and my one game bird that still is so flightly when I have to catch him I sometimes pull out a few accidentally, I just thought there might be some as obsessive compulsive as me when it comes to feathers!

Back
Top Bottom