1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

February egg tally

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by sharol, Mar 5, 2011.

1. sharol

sharol Songster

Jun 13, 2010
    Admire, KS
    I have 7 pullets. They will be a year old in July. In February (28 days), they laid:

Angel (Delaware) 26 (solid medium brown) -- the 2nd to lay
    Lisbeth (Welsumer) 25 (dark brown with speckles_
    Lily (EE) 22 (green eggs)
    Vic (GLW) 20 (pink -- I swear they are pink, not light brown with a powdery finish)
    Scout (Golden Campine) 20 (white almost transluscent) -- first to lay at 21 weeks
    Lucy (Delaware) 11 (medium brown, speckles, shaded from dark to light on the small end)
    Misty (Partridge Rock) 9 (8 were double yolkers following 2 soft shelled eggs laid from the roost. It is becoming a pattern.) (eggs longer than normal, light brown)

The girls have been laying since late December, so they are getting into a pattern. I am worried about the egg-producing machinery in Misty because of the soft/no shell eggs under the roost and the repeated production of double yolkers, but since there isn't anything I can do about it, I'm just sitting tight on the issue. They have calcium in their feed and oyster shell available, so there isn't much more I can do for her.

I'm averaging 4.75 eggs per day from my 7 girls (with two not laying much at all). I'm liking those numbers.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by