Votes: 19 15.2%
  • 21-30

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • 31-40

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • 41 or more

Votes: 21 16.8%

• Total voters
What incubator do you use? Im using my 4200 for the first time and trying a lower humidity but ivd heard a lot of positive results with the dry incubating method.

I have a still air Hova Bator 1602N I set 40 eggs this morning and have presold 26 already lol.. Of course I don't expect 40 to hatch, 30 is about what I have gotten in the past but holy cow, those went fast ;)

I'm so excited, I just candled the eggs again and those that have developed have movement
celebrate.gif
It's pretty cool, can't wait for the hatching to start lol!!!! newbie excitement!!

End of the third full day here, I have a small space heater in the spare bedroom where the bator is and a sign on the door reminding my ever forgetful family to keep the dang door shut!... LOL.. I haven't touched that dial to adjust the heat at all (knocks on wood)

Got a text from one of my hatching egg buyers, she bought twelve eggs from me three weeks ago and eleven of those chicks hatched! The 12th was a late quitter but makes me feel better with my hatch and going into the spring and summer selling season!! Makes me excited for the next four days to hurry up so I can candle!

I have 38 eggs in the incubator. 20 of my australorps and 18 barred rocks of a friend of mine. Just checking fertility in mine and not sure what his are gonna do since their so young. Hope to get 38 chicks but doubting it. They are due to hatch on the 7th.

Thanks for adding me. I have 12 assorted barnyard mix from my own hens. The battery is dead on my candler so I will try using my flashlight app from my phone tonight so I can try to give a status report. They are due on 2/2/15. So far the temp has been as steady as you can get with a little giant in a unheated room. 99-102.

Thanks for adding me as well. I set 6 Easter egg x easter Egger eggs yesterday. One egg may be from our buff brahma....can't wait to see a chick with fuzzy legs!

Back
Top Bottom