Votes: 19 15.2%
  • 21-30

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • 31-40

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • 41 or more

Votes: 21 16.8%

• Total voters
well, with all the distractions in life, I think I was off on my days . Tomorrow is day 21.
he.gif

Well, at least you figured that one out! I have had eggs hit lockdown a day early without any problems...Good luck!

Glad your chick is doing better. Maybe a vitamin deficiency but may be something wrong with the little guy that you can't see. Just give him the vitamin regiment and the splint and little shoes for the legs.  Best of luck with the little guy!

It has been out of the splint and shoes for three days already- walking like a champ. Its name is Lucky...

Unfortunately, I spoke too soon, and the constant chirping and stargazing episodes are back... :(

18 of 42 in on lockdown!

The only ones that made it to lockdown are White Leghorn crossed with my monster Easter Egger rooster. Not a single one of the other eggs developed, so it's not as though they stalled out.

I set:
3x mutt -- lost all
5x olive egger -- lost all
11x RIR -- lost all
23x White Leghorn -- lost 5

Today is Day 21 for the White Marans eggs, but -- knowing how pokey marans have been for me -- the action will probably be tomorrow. Good thing as I've got a job away today. (Which, of course, means they'll hatch pronto!)

C'mon, Eggies! Mama wants some chocolate layers!
fl.gif

Day 21 on 17 mixed/mutt eggs. I have had 12 to hatch and waiting on 4 more that have pipped/zipping. One hasn't done anything yet...not sure about it, but there is still time.

Also have 4 eggs that are RIR and Black Sexed Link (I hope) that are on Day 19.

It has been out of the splint and shoes for three days already- walking like a champ. Its name is Lucky...

Unfortunately, I spoke too soon, and the constant chirping and stargazing episodes are back...
sad.png

hugs.gif

There are people in the poly vi sol camp (No iron...baby drops) and others in the sav a chick electrolyte camp, boiled egg yolks. I have tried all of these on chicks I thought had a vitamin issue. My chick may or may not survive....

18 of 42 in on lockdown!

The only ones that made it to lockdown are White Leghorn crossed with my monster Easter Egger rooster. Not a single one of the other eggs developed, so it's not as though they stalled out.

I set:
3x mutt -- lost all
5x olive egger -- lost all
11x RIR -- lost all
23x White Leghorn -- lost 5
Congrats on your leghorns! Did you crack them open to check for their fertility ring?

:hugs

There are people in the poly vi sol camp (No iron...baby drops) and others in the sav a chick electrolyte camp, boiled egg yolks. I have tried all of these on chicks I thought had a vitamin issue. My chick may or may not survive....

Problem is, we are in the middle of a "ice storm" here (1/2" of ice shuts down the whole state). Without four wheel drive and being at the top of a large hill, we can't go anywhere.... Which means no polyvisol....
The stuff I used is comparable to sav-a-chick, only in a bulk tub instead of packets. I'm hoping it helps...
The chick seems to calm down drastically once separated from the other two, and in its own little "brooder warmer" (a heating mat curved to form a cave). Maybe if I keep it isolated, it'll get better quicker.

Back
Top Bottom