Votes: 19 15.2%
  • 21-30

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • 31-40

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • 41 or more

Votes: 21 16.8%

• Total voters
Hi everyone! Hope all your hatches are going well! I just went into lockdown today (18th) anyone else??
This is my first time and here is my set up..... Forced air, automatic turner, styrofoam incubator. I have removed the turner added paper towels on top of the metal grates, both vent plugs are out and I have inserted straws through one hole to add water into the wells without opening the unit.
My temp is holidng at 99 and I am trying to stabilize my humidity at 80. I hope I have done all I can!! It will be a long 3 days! Does constantly watching help, as that seems to be my basic approach now!!
1f601.png
lol

Took a picture of one of my incubators! Lockdown for the ones not pictured is next Tuesday! SO EGGCITED!!!!! Lockdown for these ones is March 4th! Cannot wait to see all the beautiful Isbars that hatch out :)

p.s. the eggs are really green...not brown. Darn cell phone camera!

Uggh! My shipped eggs were supposed to get here today, and they didn't! On top of that , our temps are supposed to be subzero tonight!
I ordered the 72 hour warmer to go with the eggs, but the Uniheat website says that below freezing temps can cause the warmer to stop working... :he
Anyone have success hatching eggs that have shipped through subzero temps?

Im now up to 7 that have hatched. One splash, one blue and 5 blacks. I can see 2 more have started....so out of 13 shipped eggs, 11 made it to lockdown, and the hatch % is looking better

Uggh! My shipped eggs were supposed to get here today, and they didn't! On top of that , our temps are supposed to be subzero tonight!
I ordered the 72 hour warmer to go with the eggs, but the Uniheat website says that below freezing temps can cause the warmer to stop working...
he.gif

Anyone have success hatching eggs that have shipped through subzero temps?
hoping for the best....but I just went through close to the same thing. I had someone say that it would take 15 days before they ship, and I ended up with a box of eggs on my front porch in 5 days with no notice. all 12 turned into duds.

hoping for the best....but I just went through close to the same thing.  I had someone say that it would take 15 days before they ship, and I ended up with a box of eggs on my front porch in 5 days with no notice.  all 12 turned into duds.

Oh wow, I'm *really* hoping they arrive tomorrow and not next week! I signed up for text alerts... But I don't have a lot of faith in my post office. When I called today, they said that "yes, we hold for pick up, but we *won't* call you when it comes!" Uggh.......

absolutely beautiful. The only quiet, warm, location in my home is my bedroom. I had an open wide area next to my bed against my wall so that is where broody mama and her babies are at, in a very large box. There is a table over them with the incubator and the rest of the hatching eggs. Well I just got home from work and am laying down to watch a movie (comfy kinda day) and there is nothing more precious then hearing a mama hen talk to her chicks. It is so cute, quiet, and unnoticeable.

Ok. It hasn't been 24hrs but opinions please... Its been about 8hrs. This little thing zipped half way. Then stopped but now its like resealed after being tosses by wiggly new chicks so much and being rolled. The dark line in the middle was the first split. Should I paper towel it or leave it be for now? Pic is small uploading from mobile. Clicking on it makes it big.
Also to add my incubator has been 75%-83% the entire time of lockdown.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom