Votes: 19 15.2%
  • 21-30

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • 31-40

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • 41 or more

Votes: 21 16.8%

• Total voters
Ok. It hasn't been 24hrs but opinions please... Its been about 8hrs. This little thing zipped half way. Then stopped but now its like resealed after being tosses by wiggly new chicks so much and being rolled. The dark line in the middle was the first split. Should I paper towel it or leave it be for now? Pic is small uploading from mobile. Clicking on it makes it big.
Also to add my incubator has been 75%-83% the entire time of lockdown.

It must be resting. Poor baby. It can't be shrink wrapped with that much humidity.

Last edited:
Uggh! My shipped eggs were supposed to get here today, and they didn't! On top of that , our temps are supposed to be subzero tonight!
I ordered the 72 hour warmer to go with the eggs, but the Uniheat website says that below freezing temps can cause the warmer to stop working...
he.gif

Anyone have success hatching eggs that have shipped through subzero temps?
My eggs were suppose to be here today also. We should compare how they hatch since they are coming from the same place.

somehow, the humidity in the bator started to drop. I had to help the last two a bit....they were starting to get shrink wrapped. They are still sitting in their lower shells, but the tops are off. As long as they make it, that puts me at 11 for 11. All that made it to lockdown have a live chick. First time that has ever happened!
yippiechickie.gif

My eggs were suppose to be here today also. We should compare how they hatch since they are coming from the same place.

Definitely!
Maybe we should switch this conversation to the March Hatchalong... ;)
Do you have an update on your tracking? All mine says is scanned in Bowden, GA... If only I knew if it was at a hub or something, I'd feel a little better... I'm just hoping it's not in a container out in this weather! Even Georgia is being hit with sub-freezing temps!

ETA: I looked at it again, and it actually doesn't say it was scanned, it just said label created. I wonder if maybe she is holding off sending them till the weather is past.... I'd rather have old eggs than frozen eggs!

Last edited:
somehow, the humidity in the bator started to drop. I had to help the last two a bit....they were starting to get shrink wrapped. They are still sitting in their lower shells, but the tops are off. As long as they make it, that puts me at 11 for 11. All that made it to lockdown have a live chick. First time that has ever happened!
yippiechickie.gif

Nice job!
jumpy.gif

:love ...Final lockdown for me...Svart Hona eggs due Thursday. 

I just pulled the chicks out of the last hatch...6 Black copper marans out of 6. I had 6 isbars from the same farm and none of them developed.  50% woot woot!

I also had 8 Americauna...4 to lockdown...no hatches yet...0

I wish everyone well with their hatches this week!  

Anyone hatched yet??

Hi everyone! Hope all your hatches are going well! I just went into lockdown today (18th) anyone else??
This is my first time and here is my set up..... Forced air, automatic turner, styrofoam incubator. I have removed the turner added paper towels on top of the metal grates, both vent plugs are out and I have inserted straws through one hole to add water into the wells without opening the unit.
My temp is holidng at 99 and I am trying to stabilize my humidity at 80. I hope I have done all I can!! It will be a long 3 days! Does constantly watching help, as that seems to be my basic approach now!!
1f601.png
lol

Good luck on you hatch! Seems like you are in order there!

Back
Top Bottom