feed in the hen house???

I put the feeder and water in the run with mine everynight. I have to be at work at 5am and my husband is unable to let them out until around 8:30 so I try to keep a little something in the coop for them. I really dont know about the heat thing as I live in Ga. and mine are between 6 and 8 weeks old and have done wonderfully at night but my coop is insulated. As for registering them you might want to check with your code enforcement if you are unable to get answers here (but there always seems to be somebody on BYC that knows the answer (BYC is wonderful
big_smile.png
) to a question).

I keep a small 1L waterer and a chick sized food trough in the coop with my girls at night. They sometimes get a little peckish in the night, and aren't afraid to let people know about it. It means if I don't let them out until 8am on my lazy days, I know they're not starving/dehydrated.

I always keep my feed in the coop to keep it safe from the weather and nighttime critters, like rats and mice. I keep the water outside so it doesn't get filled with bedding or get spilled and get the bedding wet. It is important that the coop be kept as dry as possible. This system works very well for me. As for registering your flock, there is no mandatory registration that I know of.

well , I rather have the feed outside and placed under elevated coop ( weather proofing ) because where ever you have feed IN OR OUT chances are you will have rats and mice .

Back
Top Bottom