Feed questions

We aren't supposed to be out here except for essential activities. I have to assume feeding one's animals is an essential activity.
I'm not familiar with the feed you have but most feeds have feeding instructions on the back of the bag or on the guaranteed analysis tag. Sometimes, for the unenlightened, it is as simple of a matter as just reading the bag. The manufacturer knows what is in the bag and the birds it was intended to feed, hence the instructions.
Well since it basically says to feed it to my chickens. it does not say a age or what kind of chickens. Now does it say how much. So these instructions apparently not for beginners. so that's why I joind here. Thanks for the advice to read the instructions. Came with about how much my new born came with and that was 20 yrs ago.

husband will be stopping on way home from work to get some starter.. guess we are gonna try to return it now least that's what my husband called and told me...
Have him pick up a bag of Oyster Shells too. For two pullets a 5 lb bag should last awhile.
I put out a separate container of Oyster Shells after 16 weeks of age.
I just bought a bag of Non-Medicated Starter-Grower 18% for my 6 hens. 1 1/2 to 4 years old.
I haven't bought a Layer feed in two years. 20200323_061616_resized.jpg . For 3 silkies and a Barred Rock, I would get a 25 lb bag or smaller.
A Non-Medicated Starter or All-Flock with 18/20% is what I buy, depending on what's available when I'm at the store. GC

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom