Feed recommendations! Thanks!

Hi! In the past I've used payback, and it's great! Also, if your feed store carries Conway, I recommend it. I've used it for almost ten years now! I believe both of these carry organic. If you happen to be near Snohomish-Coop, they carry Conway, and a store brand that is manufactured by them.

I'm just curious, why do you want to switch them to layer?

Good luck!
BTW, the Conway does look good. Do you know how much a 50# bag costs of pellets?

Mars, the maker of M&M's own Pedigree and Nestle, the maker of Milkybars make Purina food.
Considering their expertise in the chocolate industry I'm sure they make excellent dog and chicken food but I've never really trusted their interest in nutrition considering their main market is confectionery.

I think the most important is what is locally available or to order online, then compare them based on price and what you might like or not like. I've found great feeds researching them only to basically end up picking what is easiest to source, including a grower feed which seems to be less available at shops than layer pellets but grower feed is needed in winter to give the birds a break once in a while so I prefer picking a feed where I can get hold of both.
I've thought that in the past but if I'm not mistaken, poultry nutrition is regulated. I believe it was @aart maybe that explained things. It's been a while. Needless to say that I feed Purina All Flock to my poultry.

I've thought that in the past but if I'm not mistaken, poultry nutrition is regulated. I believe it was @aart maybe that explained things. It's been a while. Needless to say that I feed Purina All Flock to my poultry.
Ok, thanks! I would really Love to feed the scratch and peck pellets, but it’s so expensive.

Back
Top Bottom