Feed sound off, Purina vs Blueseal vs Nutrena

Pics
Here's My buff orpington rooster with my little girls...... I've only witnessed him Mount one of them...... but I'm sure he gets the job done the 10 hours I'm not around....... I'm actually starting to get the itch to perhaps incubate some eggs and make my own leghorn Buff orpington cross...... but first I must see if the eggs are fertile...... then we'll have a whole nother discussion on what to feed the chicks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191106-153123_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20191106-153123_Photos.jpg
    704.1 KB · Views: 7
I've got to have the craziest bunch of hens I've ever had.... I mixed my Blue Seal egg layer pellets with my all flock crumble and the rest of my Blue Seal layer crumble..... I dumped out a big scoop in their tray..... and wouldn't you know it I see them going for the pellets first....... but when I had just pallets they went on an eating strike for a week until I wet them a little bit and it turned into a sort of of a gruel..... well at least theyre eating it all:barnie:he:th:pop:pop:idunno:clap

Located in Tolland county CT
He is alittle small I wish he was bigger. Then again I am new to Leghorns so not really sure how big he should be

I know we're getting some 20-degree nights up here in Connecticut how is your egg production going....... I don't ride extra light mine seem to drop about half which is fine by me seeing I have a refrigerator full of about 10 dozen eggs

I know we're getting some 20-degree nights up here in Connecticut how is your egg production going....... I don't ride extra light mine seem to drop about half which is fine by me seeing I have a refrigerator full of about 10 dozen eggs
I would say I am about 1/2 also. I think in large part because I have several hens molting. 1 of my new Leghorns started laying about 2 weeks ago and she is non stop. I did extra light last year but I will not be doing so this year. Gonna be a cold one Wednesday morning.

Back
Top Bottom