Feed/Water Placement

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestions of a PVC feeder. I like the idea of putting them on the wall to save space! I'll see if this may work out.

Here in Michigan there's at least 3-4 months where I couldn't put water outside (brrrrrr!), so I need a plan inside for sure (figuring out a heater for the water is a separate issue
smile.png
)

Thanks for all the input!

Yep - understood, I'm in Michigan, also. Here's the heatered waterers I use: http://www.premier1supplies.com/detail.php?prod_id=23286&criteria=heated+waterer They have a cord built right into the base, and the heated part is fully enclosed. They work great!

I ended up taking all my feed/water positioning from this thread...so thanks everyone!!

I built the PVC feeder and put it on the wall between the door and nest boxes and am going to hang my waterer beneath the roosts...I'll put a sheet of plywood to create a 'bottom' to the roost (with a poop board) to keep my 'fertilizer' out of the water.

Thanks again, great advice here!

i just put my water and feed on cinder blocks....as i dont have alot of hanging space either....it works well for me....i have 10 chickens...my set up is pretty much like yours....but i have a poop board!

Back
Top Bottom