Feed

Zain Hadi

In the Brooder
Mar 13, 2020
Should many time does i have to feed my 4 weeks old chicks
Currently i feed them 3 times a day (chick feed and other item like veg, bread, fruits additional)

Appreciated 🤗
But are there certain food items i should avoid too give them at this age

Appreciated 🤗
But are there certain food items i should avoid too give them at this age
Honestly, you should just give them a good quality complete feed during their growing phase. If you want to give them a treat, scramble up a few eggs and feed them that once or twice a week.
Give them a plug of sod from your yard to scratch through and build their immunity if you don't already have them on the ground.
Feeding treats gets out of control rapidly.
Chickens are excellent trainers of humans and can bend the weak to their wills with relative ease. Be strong and don't let them manipulate you!

Honestly, you should just give them a good quality complete feed during their growing phase. If you want to give them a treat, scramble up a few eggs and feed them that once or twice a week.
Give them a plug of sod from your yard to scratch through and build their immunity if you don't already have them on the ground.
Feeding treats gets out of control rapidly.
Chickens are excellent trainers of humans and can bend the weak to their wills with relative ease. Be strong and don't let them manipulate you!
What happened if i over feed them or treat them

What happened if i over feed them or treat them
Stop giving them treats.
They don't need them. There are eventual health consequences to over feeding treats.
Just give them unlimited access to unspoiled complete feed and fresh water and you'll do fine in the feeding department of chicken keeping.

See they're almost 4 weeks old ...
One male and one female..
The female is growing rapidly then male as she has more feathers coming on then male but i think there equal in size and weight a bit minor diffs i suppose..
So can you confirm they're rhode island red

Attachments

• IMG_20200313_193723.jpg
    IMG_20200313_193723.jpg
    340.3 KB · Views: 6
weeds from the yard,chicks peck and eat at it everytime.we catch ants in the house sometimes and give em to the chicks, they have lots of fun running after them.and eat them.

Back
Top Bottom