feed

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by annie3001, Aug 17, 2011.

1. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    I am going to complain. maybe its not their fault but, i purchased nutrena egg maker crumbles. and boy were they crumbled, hardly. they were more dust than anything. is this common with crumbles? my chickens and ducks have always ate crumbles, but never have they been like dust particles. kinda urked. dang thing weighs 50 pounds. [​IMG]

2. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

No, it shouldn't be powder. That happened to me so I took the bag back to the feed store and I was told that happens when it is the very end of the mix and it should never be powder! [​IMG]

3. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

When I get like that I make mash with it after scooping out the good crumbles- they love it- the mash I make 'just enough' so not to waste any in the heat.

4. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    ***SORRY ABOUT the duplicate thread****
    I thought the first post didnt go thru.

anyways, i called the feed store. they took no blame for it. i wish there was another i could go to. (sigh)

5. Tiffany from Nutrena

Tiffany from Nutrena Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2011
    North of Pasco, WA
    annie3001 - so sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with our feed! Nutrena stands behind its products 100% and if there is an issue I would like to help you resolve it. Please PM me with the name of the the feed store where you purchased the feed and the date you bought it. I look forward to receiving your message!

6. the Pollo Loco

the Pollo Loco Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2009
    Santa Cruz,CA
    Quote:I like that!!!! now that is customer service!!!! makes me want to look and ask for your products at my local feed store!! [​IMG]

7. JodyJo

JodyJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Colorado
    Quote:I like that!!!! now that is customer service!!!! makes me want to look and ask for your products at my local feed store!! [​IMG]

I agree....great customer service...and we all know things like this happen from time to time...

8. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    I had the same experience a while back with the Arrow name brand. I called the feed store where I bought the feed from and the took the feed back. They contacted the dealer and the dealer said that the problem was on their part (the dealer). Something was wrong with one of their machines and they had received a lot of complaints. They eventually fixed the problem.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by