Feeders?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by JMoriarty111012, Dec 11, 2016.

1. JMoriarty111012

JMoriarty111012 Just Hatched

Sep 5, 2016
    Dallas, TX
    What do you all use for feeders for your birds? I bought one of the Mason jar feeders at Tractor Supply and they've completely spilled it out in a matter of an hour. How can I feed them without all the waste?

2. yellowbee0110

yellowbee0110 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 4, 2016
    North Carolina, USA
    So far I just have a couple of those little hanging galvanized corner feeders for my three hens. I have to fill them every day, so obviously it's not the best choice. Also, they like to dig through it and knock it out. But I guess they can just eat it off the ground if they're very messy. At least only a days' worth of food gets knocked out. [​IMG]

I have them hanging from the chicken wire under their actual coop so that rain won't make their food all soggy. I bought a funnel to fill them from the outside because it was really bad having to crouch under there to fill it.

3. Dani xxx

Dani xxx Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2016
    Farnham common bucks uk
    I use a plastic long covered chick feeder from amazon only about five pounds they haven't knocked it over but they do kick bedding into it but only takes a few seconds to clean out the

4. hooliganbros

hooliganbros Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2015
    we use plastic coffee containers cut with 1 [​IMG]

1/4" holes

1 person likes this.
  5. jojackc

jojackc Out Of The Brooder

Aug 18, 2016
    I use the tall glad containers they are very cheap. I also cut a 1 1/4 holes in them for them to get to the food. I use a soldering iron to cut the holes it makes the edges very smooth.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by