Feeding a baby goose

Hellychick21

Chirping
5 Years
Jun 27, 2017
I'm looking for advice. I have a goose who is about 2 years old, she's hatched 1 gosling but is sitting on about 10 more eggs. She lives with another goose and a gander. All seems well but I'm concerned that she's not taking the little one outside, it's about 4 days old.
The other two geese are co parenting the gosling and I've just seen them outside while it had a little paddle in a shallow tray of water but it's not eating, is this normal ? I've put mash in a dish but it's ignored this. Am I just stressing about nothing or should I be concerned. I've raised ducks/chickens but I've only ever seen the parent teaching the baby, this one seems hell bent on just sitting on the eggs. Any advice would be great.
Thanks

After 4 days the gosling should be eating. You should probably bring it in and offer it some food and water and make see if it will eat.
Hi, thanks for your reply, all seems well now, the goose and gander have taken the little one out, they are very protective which is great to see. It seems to be picking at the grass and I've put mash in the hut which I've seen her/him eating. Just need it to grow abit so the crows can't get it. I've had a chicken raise ducks but they grew big pretty quick. I'm not doing this again, it's too stressful 🤣🤣🤦🏼‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom