Feeding chickens

Yes, they can as a treat. Potatoes need to be cooked, they will not eat them raw. Meat also should be cooked just so that you are not introducing any type of bacteria or anything harmful to your flock.

You should only feed about 10% treats to a chicken or even less is better. They should be fed chicken feed that is all around balanced for a chicken.

Here is an article with a list of treats for chickens:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...—the-best-treats-for-backyard-chickens.47738/

Meat also should be cooked just so that you are not introducing any type of bacteria or anything harmful to your flock.
Chickens can eat meat, but it has to be cooked.
I've never once seen my chickens roast the snake, frog, bug, baby bird, etc. they caught out in their pen before devouring it. Maybe I should introduce them to a girl/boy scout who can show them how to make a fire to cook their food over...

I've never once seen my chickens roast the snake, frog, bug, baby bird, etc. they caught out in their pen before devouring it. Maybe I should introduce them to a girl/boy scout who can show them how to make a fire to cook their food over...

I know what you mean, but when the meat is processed, all sorts of diseases and pathogens get into it that you can only get rid of by cooking it.

So agree, my naughty girls caught a baby pheasant that had wondered into our garden, it ended in three pieces and was happily eaten! Uurrgghh

Back
Top Bottom