Feeding Chickens

Chickenjims

In the Brooder
May 28, 2022
I am new to having BYC and have been feeding them cantelope peels on ocaision. Recently, during the latest KS heatwave, I started freezing some banana peels and feeding them these as eell. Are banana peels ok for chickes? Does anyone know.of or have any ideas about fruit/vegetable stuff that's ok for the chickens?

Last edited:
I had to google cat elope peels since I never heard of them, and I came up with nothing.
I would never feed banana peels to chickens.
Berries and melons are great for chickens. Any vegetables humans should eat can be fed to chickens but keep in mind they don't have hands or teeth so anything remotely hard needs to be diced so they can swallow them.

I am new to having BYC and have been feeding them cantelope peels on ocaision. Recently, during the latest KS heatwave, I started freezing some banana peels and feeding them these as eell. Are banana peels ok for chickes? Does anyone know.of or have any ideas about fruit/vegetable stuff that's ok for the chickens?
You will find lots of good advice in the learning centre, select the articles tab at the top of the page. There is a whole section on feeding your flock.

Back
Top Bottom