Feeding Chickens

Quote:
Sorry but don't know. I think it might be as close as you can get though with out all the certifications etc...
Someone here posted awhile ago that theirs was medicated with Ampril or somethign like that. I looked at my bagf tags after that and there is nothing but plant products and vitamins in mine. No meds.

Now, I just looked, and the flockraiser specifically said i t's *not* for layers. So if I have layers and roos that are destined for the freezer in one place together, what do you feed them?

Its not for layers becasue it does not have as much calcium and essential amino acids as the layine I think.
If you fed oyster shells in addition to the flock raiser you woudl be OK until you can switch to layina I think. I am not a nutritionist but most of the time I believe folks worry TOO much about what to feed. WHen the flock forages for itself free range they are not getting every single thing for optimim output either but they do fine....RIght now I have 4 hens just starting to lay. 5 eggs in the last 3 days. These are 15 week old Red star sexlinks y and still on flock raiser. Roosters were butchered Friday. I plan on switching them to Layina later this week but for now they are eatign Flock raiser and oyster shells.

Back
Top Bottom