Feeding Chicks (2 months old) Layer Food

Thanks everyone. That was my gut feeling as well. I might just have to do it myself although I won’t be able to until tomorrow.
just remember he was trying to help, I would say something to the manager where he bought the feed from as the employee got no business giving advice if they don't know when it comes to living animals

just remember he was trying to help, I would say something to the manager where he bought the feed from as the employee got no business giving advice if they don't know when it comes to living animals
Well the person he got the advice from was the owner who is a pretty nice guy. My guy just added two months onto their life span for some reason because he doesn’t pay attention like I do.

chicks can eat layer (assuming it is in pieces they can swallow) in emergencies but they (or any other chicken that isn't laying, eg cocks) shouldn't be on it for any great length of time because the chronic consumption of the excessive calcium isn't healthy for them.

Well the person he got the advice from was the owner who is a pretty nice guy. My guy just added two months onto their life span for some reason because he doesn’t pay attention like I do.
that is usual until like my friends she adopted some chickens due to illness of the owner and the husband that complained and didn't like chickens fell in love with them now helps every chance he can and is learning. It is easier having mixed ages to just use one of the brands of flock raiser and have oyster shell on the side for the laying hens, I do that due to I have roosters in the flock and my flock hatches out, chicks get chick starter for 8 weeks or they quit eating it, then they go to flock raiser as they are out with the flock anyway, so I always use the crumbles instead of the pellets

Back
Top Bottom