feeding coffee and tee grinds

I would say it's bad for them, as the caffeine content & the oil wouldn't suit their diet, it may overwork their coronary/nervous system, that's already pumpin' lots & kickin' out enough synapses...

I don't think it will hurt them, but grounds have (to my knowledge) no nutritional value, so I wouldn't encourage it. Better to use the coffee and tea grounds to improve your soil - put them in your compost and make your plants happy.

If you want to give your hens a treat, and old fishermans trick is to bury the grounds in some nice moist soil, and in a week or two the area will be crawling with yummy worms for your hens!

You can toss the grounds into the henyard, but they won't eat them. At leas none of the birds I've ever had did. They just become part of the general henyard compost. I put grounds around my rose bushes now.

Coffee grounds are acidic but have a good bit of nitrogen in them (along with a few other things). Good for blueberries, tomatoes, azaleas, etc.,.

Ed

Quote:
Intheswamp, I absolutely
love.gif
yor quote!!!!!

Jen

Oh, I was so busy reading your quote I didn't even see your avatar. LUV that too!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom