Feeding Cornish X

You need to get a 25 lb hanging feeder along with your trough feeders. Those feeders allow you to fill them up in the morning and walk away until the next morning if you wanted to. Also too, if they are running out of water during the day as well your going to have very low weights as well. With out water.... they will not eat. Grab a water too, get around a 5 gallon plastic one so it's easy to clean.

This way you feed and water the night before... and you don't have to touch them until the next night when you get off of work.

It's an investment but if you want 6 lb birds in 8-10 weeks your going to need to give them all they can eat and drink in a 12 hour time frame.

They don't run out of water, but the idea of feeding them once a day, after work, really appeals to me. Thanks for the advice on the 25lb feeder and 5 gal. waterer. I will go right out and purchase those:)

We have cornishx birds right now, about 4 1/2 weeks old. We keep food in their feeders 24/7. They are going through about 2 1/2 fifty lb bags a week, but we have 45 birds.

I keep groups of 25. one group is outside at 4 weeks growing like weeds and another group is in the house from day old to 4 weeks

Back
Top Bottom