Feeding ducks from hatch until adulthood. What and when?

Frizzlett98

Songster
9 Years
Jun 22, 2014
Southwest Virginia
My sister has 4 Muscovy ducklings around a week old. They are eating DuMOR chick starter. I know, I know. I need to add Brewer's yeast because the feed doesn't have enough niacin in it for ducklings and we're looking into that but what do I feed them after they are finished with the starter? Will Purina flock raiser work? It says I can feed the flock raiser to them now until laying age. When they start laying, what then? What age do I feed them what? There are no specifics on the websites I've looked at. This is our first time with ducks so we're not sure what to do. Thanks in advance!

Here's a chart I was given by another member that I followed when I had my first ducks as ducklings. I used chick starter (unmedicated) then grower, then layer. I switched feed by the guidelines of this chart. Right now since I have adults and babies together I use flock raiser which has niacin in it already. So up to you.

So with the flock raiser, I can give it to them at any age? I didn't trust what it said about it being for any age because of the different levels of protein they need to have at different life stages.

I think it has a 20% protein level. So I guess that would be a happy-medium for all ages.

Back
Top Bottom