Feeding Eggs

max13077

Songster
12 Years
Feb 3, 2008
Fingerlakes Upstate, NY
We used to feed our chicks eggs once in a while. Now those chicks are making eggs themselves, a ton of them in fact. I have a few dozen that I can't give away. I don't want to waste them Can I scramble them up and feed them back to the girls?

Absolutely. I usually scramble them for my adult chickens, but only because I'm too lazy to peel a bunch of hard boiled eggs.

Boil them and grind them up (shell and all) then feed. This way you can recycle all that went into production.

Last edited:
I'm with JenJScott - let em eat! The egg won't do anything but boost protein and other valuable vitamins as long as it is not whole - I feel you wouldn't want a chicken pecking at an actual shaped egg.

That's their favorite tread. I hard boil my eggs. Just my preference. I mash them all up and boy do they go crazy when they see me coming.

I had to worm my chicks this week, they hadn't started laying, but the vet said not to eat any for a month if they did, well the day after they had been wormed I got my first eggs.

So they are being hard boiled and mashed up and fed back to them, they just love it.

Back
Top Bottom