Feeding Freedom Rangers

bobbi-j

Enabler
14 Years
Mar 15, 2010
On the MN prairie.
My FR babies should be arriving tomorrow or Friday. For those of you who have them, do you free feed them, or feed them like one would feed a Cornish x and limit intake?

When I had mine in the brooder I was feeding 3 times I day just what they could clean up in a hour or so . Now that have outside in a 8x8x2 moveable coop I move and feed them 2 times a day hoping they eat more green material I don't think the feed conversion is anywhere near what the Cornish I raised last year but they don't seem to lay around as much really eat a lot of grass and tear all dead grass out . I hope they taste better .

I understand that the feed conversion will be different, and I'm OK with that. Personally, I just don't like the Cornish crosses. I don't like that they just lay around and eat, and are so prone to problems. I'm hoping the freedom rangers will be different.

These birds don't seem to smell as bad . There also is not as much feed going straight through them like the Cornish my hens would go behind the Cornish recycle there poop because there was so much corn left in it . So freedom rangers must burn it up with being more active . I can handle the extra feed cost as long as the taste is good.

Back
Top Bottom