Feeding Meat Resulting in Aggression

Human brains are inherently wired to find patterns, and we are fantastically good at it. There is a huge evolutionary advantage towards finding non-existent patterns over under-finding patterns. IE, it's better to think that every time the leaves rustle you're going to get attacked by a leopard (whether or not a leopard is actually there) than to ignore the leaves rustling and get eaten. We're hardwired to do this as it's a very strong survival trait.

Unfortunately it makes people superstitious, and it makes people believe all sorts of crazy things.

The guy probably fed raw meat, had some birds die, and assumed a pattern/cause->effect that didn't exist.

Human brains are inherently wired to find patterns, and we are fantastically good at it. There is a huge evolutionary advantage towards finding non-existent patterns over under-finding patterns. IE, it's better to think that every time the leaves rustle you're going to get attacked by a leopard (whether or not a leopard is actually there) than to ignore the leaves rustling and get eaten. We're hardwired to do this as it's a very strong survival trait.

Unfortunately it makes people superstitious, and it makes people believe all sorts of crazy things.

The guy probably fed raw meat, had some birds die, and assumed a pattern/cause->effect that didn't exist.
That is a very interstanding point of view, and I do understand how it makes good logic.

Scott

Last edited:
Wow, I don't think I have ever heard that one before, Vehve! That's actually fascinating to me I really want to switch our pets over to raw diets as soon as I can and I have heard a lot of arguments against it but never have I heard it would make the dogs mean XD. Crazy people.

That's fascinating CrazyTalk I never thought of such an explanation for superstition! Huh!

Last year I lost over half my flock to predators. Worst night was when a raccoon climbed over the fence and killed 2 of my girls. In the morning, the rest of the flock was feeding on them. I know, gross. So far this year I have not lost any girls. Anyway, a friend of mine is trapping fox on my property and has gotten 4 so far. Do you think it would be ok to feed the fox carcass to the chickens? I think it would be revenge for last years killings.

Boil it first. Make certain certain balance of diet makes for balanced nutrition. Make so diet still dominated by other things high in vitamins that meat is typically low in. Look up typical read meat vitamin profiles to see what you can be short on.

I feed the carcasses of predators to my chickens. Free protein. They love it. I trap it. Cut it up to fit in the chicken's personal crockpot. I do not skin any of them, too much work. the hens eat it all .Cook until done and serve after cooled. I clean up the bones and add them to the compost pile.

Back
Top Bottom