Feeding mixed age and sex flock

Online delivery costs are going to kill you. Are you seeking anything special in the feed (non-GMO, Soy-free, Organic) or can it just be a reputable feed brand with good nutritional profile?

and Apex, NC? Not sure I've ever been in that area. Around Canton, I've walked a few trails. Asheville area.
Apex is about 20 minutes southwest of Raleigh!

And the feed store close by only carries layer and starter feed. So may just keep everyone on starter feed. Especially since chicken math happens to me. A lot.

Anyone fed starter the whole life with supplemental oyster shell out all the time and had good luck?
I'm sure many have...my flock isn't old enough to say one way or the other, long term health wise. My/their eggs have been fine and they are active and act healthy. I'm planning a hatch for next month and I intend to use my flock raiser for them. Flock raiser from day 1 or starter into adulthood...it's really the same thing basically.

Apex is about 20 minutes southwest of Raleigh!

And the feed store close by only carries layer and starter feed. So may just keep everyone on starter feed. Especially since chicken math happens to me. A lot.
Starter is very close to All Flock - a number of us substituted it las year during COVID, when we couldn't get what we wanted. Biggest disadvantage is price, because its often sold in a smaller bag at higher cost/lb.

Have you called Carpenter Farm Supply? (919) 467-1511
They say they carry Purina Mills products. Looks like its up 540 from you, and cut towards town at the North end.

Your other feed stores look like overpriced cat and dog stores.

...and looks like you have a TSC in the middle of Fuquay-Varina. They should carry it too.

Starter is very close to All Flock - a number of us substituted it las year during COVID, when we couldn't get what we wanted. Biggest disadvantage is price, because its often sold in a smaller bag at higher cost/lb.

Have you called Carpenter Farm Supply? (919) 467-1511
They say they carry Purina Mills products. Looks like its up 540 from you, and cut towards town at the North end.

Your other feed stores look like overpriced cat and dog stores.

...and looks like you have a TSC in the middle of Fuquay-Varina. They should carry it too.
Carpenter feed doesn't stock the all flock, just starter. He says he can order it for me but I can barely remember to order my meds much less call him 2 weeks out from needing feed!

TSC in Fuquay-Varina.... they always seem out of all flock! But maybe I can convince then to stock more of it.

Carpenter feed doesn't stock the all flock, just starter. He says he can order it for me but I can barely remember to order my meds much less call him 2 weeks out from needing feed!

TSC in Fuquay-Varina.... they always seem out of all flock! But maybe I can convince then to stock more of it.
I wish you every fortune. Hopefully, as things get back to normal, we'll start seeing fresh feed on shelves again.

I use a local mill, but am nowhere close - actually have my pick of two. But then, I'm in southern chicken country.

I wish you every fortune. Hopefully, as things get back to normal, we'll start seeing fresh feed on shelves again.

I use a local mill, but am nowhere close - actually have my pick of two. But then, I'm in southern chicken country.
I wish I had a mill close enough to me!

The only one local is quite a drive away and they tend to switch up their ingredients quite a bit.

Anyone fed starter the whole life with supplemental oyster shell out all the time and had good luck?
I've been feeding a Non-medicated Starter Grower feed 18% Oyster Shells separately for over 3 years with 3 different Flocks.
My eggs are delicious and strong.
20210430_214645.jpg

I'll buy an All-flock crumble 20% if my preferred feed isn't available. GC

Back
Top Bottom