Feeding mixed age and sex flock

What is everyone's favorite all flock feed? My girls do prefer a crumble if at all possible..
For all flock my only choices are Purina flock raiser crumble or Nutrena all flock pellets. The flock raiser tends to be fresher and is a little cheaper. If crumble is preferred, starter/grower will work fine and probably give you more choices. Just don't forget the oyster shell on the side for layers.

What is everyone's favorite all flock feed? My girls do prefer a crumble if at all possible..
I feed all ages a Starter-Grower feed 18% Protein, Non-Medicated after 10 weeks old.
I use Purina Medicated and Nutrena Naturewise Non-Medicated. Both are available in 50 lb bags at my local TSC.
When I was down to 3 chickens I bought the Purina Non-Medicated in a 25 lb bag, also available in store.
I offer Oyster Shells in a separate container after 15 weeks old for new pullets in their own pen. GC

Thank you! I'm still a chicken newbie and learned and want to do right by girls and rhe one surprise roo... who is growing up and starting to protect his girls. I hope he learns to crow soon because I almost pee myself everytime I hear him "crow"

Jaybyrd
Once my Roo learned he could make such an impressive noise, he does it constantly. He’s very proud of himself!! He’s 22 weeks old now and sounds like a pro! It was pretty pathetic and cute in the beginning. I’m having to deal with mixed sex feeding as well!!! Good luck!

So doing research and having trouble finding a local source of all flock feed. The one store says just feed layer feed but I worry about the health of my roo and my youngins.

So I'm searching for online delivery of all flock feed and still feeding starter... I have some as young as 6 weeks and as old as 14 weeks and one confirmed rooster and one maybe.

Anyone have a good online source with decent delivery costs?

No one has started laying yet but I'm starting to get picking up of the girls combs!

So doing research and having trouble finding a local source of all flock feed. The one store says just feed layer feed but I worry about the health of my roo and my youngins.

So I'm searching for online delivery of all flock feed and still feeding starter... I have some as young as 6 weeks and as old as 14 weeks and one confirmed rooster and one maybe.

Anyone have a good online source with decent delivery costs?

No one has started laying yet but I'm starting to get picking up of the girls combs!
Starter/grower can be fed for their whole life....it's really not that different from an all flock.

Online delivery costs are going to kill you. Are you seeking anything special in the feed (non-GMO, Soy-free, Organic) or can it just be a reputable feed brand with good nutritional profile?

and Apex, NC? Not sure I've ever been in that area. Around Canton, I've walked a few trails. Asheville area.

Back
Top Bottom