Feeding mixed ages

Farmington

Songster
10 Years
Jun 2, 2009
Northeast Ohio
O.K., so I wasn't thinking when I got the 6 bantams, then 6 weeks later, got the 5 EE's, and now I've got 5 Buckeye hens coming on the 28th. I'm feeding the bantys and the ee's Purina Start & Grow right now. The problem I'm facing is feeding all of the different ages in the same coop. I will have the ee's in the coop with the bantys in 2 weeks, and when the Buckeyes are about 6 weeks, I'll move them in as well. The Buckeyes will be 7 weeks younger than the ee's. I don't have any other housing for these birds. Is there a feed that I can give to everyone in the coop, until the Buckeyes reach 18 weeks ? I was thinking of starting the Buckeyes, and switching everyone over to Purina Flock Raiser? Any other suggestions? I'm clueless.

I would think that grower crumbles would be fine. Right now, I have 4 15 week pullets in with my full grown laying hens, so I give free choice oyster shell and flock crumbles in the coop but still have a higher protein crumble (grower) in the little pullets area during the night. Both groups are integrated during the day, so I don't have layer crumbles out....I don't want the little gals to have that much calcium yet. I would think that once your youngest are past 6 weeks, they could all be on the high protein grower crumbles until someone starts laying....

Just read the Layena vs. Flockraiser thread. All questions anwered.
thumbsup.gif

I'd feed them all Start & Grow until the youngest of them are at least six weeks old then switch them all over to Flock Raiser. For the ones that are in lay supplement with oyster shell on the side. Plentiful fresh green feed for everyone of any age.

Back
Top Bottom