Feeding question

rmholtman

Hatching
Nov 18, 2015
I have a question and an important one at that. I have 3 hens and a rooster that I've had over a year now, I've been feeding them organic pellets and they're appetite has always been good. I have started to go to a sandman feed store that's closer and bought a different brand of organic and soy free pellets, they wouldn't touch it and days went by they didn't eat, so I went back to the same store and explained to them and I thought maybe because I went soy free, so they gave me a bag of organic only...still they're not touching it. It's been over a week and they haven't been eating. They look like these lost weight as well. I wonder if it's because it's a different name brand of food. Could this be possible?

welcome-byc.gif
It is most likely because you changed their feed. Gradually changing by mixing their standard diet with the new is the best way of switching feeds.

Thank you for the advice. I went back to the original store this afternoon and bought their original food that I always bought and now they're not eating that either. I'm worried about them because they haven't ate in about a week and they're losing weight
1f61e.png

Back
Top Bottom