Feeding Spiders to Chicks

Oboistonquack

Chirping
9 Years
Sep 25, 2010
Maine
I am terrified of spiders and am currently looking at one that is way too big for my comfort. It's body is about the size of a kidney bean. I have some 4 day old chicks in the brooder downstairs and am wondering if I could feed it to them. I know older chickens eat them, but I was wondering about young chicks. I would prefer to not have to squish the thing and hear it crunch. *shudders*

Last edited:
Quote:
Ewww! I so know what you mean!
sickbyc.gif
Hello Heebie Jeebies!! LOL

It took 2 vinyl records, a laptop, a heavy duty folder, a brother, a bed comforter, a lot of nerves, and over an hour of stressing and wishing it wouldn't escape and crawl up my arm. There was no way I was picking that up. The chicks sure did enjoy it. Chicken football
smile.png

hahahahahahaha.... eeeww i HATE spiders... i am petrified... yesterday there was a monster one on my door!!!!! uuh... spring welcomes insects!!!
tongue.gif

haha.
I tried to feed a spider to our chicks yesterday. My wife wouldn't let me.

She said, "what if it bites them?"
"It won't," I said.
"What if it's poisonous?"
"These aren't. Besides, chickens eat spiders all the time," I said.
"Well what if they choke on it? You need to ask the people on BYC if we can feed them spiders. Just kill that one and get rid of it."

Can you tell we're new at this?
idunno.gif
lau.gif

GC's DH

ginger c. :

haha.
I tried to feed a spider to our chicks yesterday. My wife wouldn't let me.

She said, "what if it bites them?"

A spider bit my cat when he tried to eat it last week. First time I ever saw a spider actually bite anything! It was small than a dime and it bit his lip and hung on while he freaked out and tried to get it off his face. I don't think they would bite a chick tho, since chicks have beaks.​

Quote:
A spider bit my cat when he tried to eat it last week. First time I ever saw a spider actually bite anything! It was small than a dime and it bit his lip and hung on while he freaked out and tried to get it off his face. I don't think they would bite a chick tho, since chicks have beaks.

lau.gif
that is too funny. I guess not so funny for the kitty but still...
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom