Feeding spoiled pheasant?

That is one good looking bird!! Is this going to be a house pet for you or do you plan on trying to get the golden to socialize with your ringnecks?

I will get her a male once I can find one, seems impossible right now..... put up an ad for a male in the next biggest city in a 400km radius(since around here people don't keep regular chickens let alone fancy pheasants) and all replies I've gotten and received pictures from have been GoldenXAmherst hybrids(and owners get upset when I sadly inform them that they are great eyecandy but hybrids, not purebreds as they bought them as) or redicioulusly priced($200 for a yearling red golden male.... are you kidding me? I asked if they are wild caught for that price to be 4X higher then the norm)

I wouldn't dare put a golden with ringnecks, ringnecks are vicious little buggers and she doesn't have the social skills to deal with their attitude. Also right now outside temps in the negative are too cold for her. Once it warms up to above 0 she gets outside time.

Back
Top Bottom