feeding whole grains & fermenting

Your right you don’t need all the extras as it will throw your feed off balance. When mixing the grains with your pellets make sure you have your protien at the right level. I use an all flock 20% protien and mix whole grains to get the protien % were I want it for different times of the year. As for layers just feed free choice oyster shell.

Your right you don’t need all the extras as it will throw your feed off balance. When mixing the grains with your pellets make sure you have your protien at the right level. I use an all flock 20% protien and mix whole grains to get the protien % were I want it for different times of the year. As for layers just feed free choice oyster shell.
Great! Thank you! Have you always used pellets in you fermentation? I was thinking of using just while grains?

No I don’t ferment pellets it’s to messy. I have my pellet grain mix wich is dry that I feed in the morning. I feed the fermented oats in the afternoon, I measure out how much feed per bird. I keep mine in separate pens to keep them in good shape.

No I don’t ferment pellets it’s to messy. I have my pellet grain mix wich is dry that I feed in the morning. I feed the fermented oats in the afternoon, I measure out how much feed per bird. I keep mine in separate pens to keep them in good shape.
Ok. I got it. I did see some people ferment pellets and didn't care for that idea. Lol. I'm thinking of doing a mix of corn, wheat, and oats for my fermentation feed.

Back
Top Bottom