Feeding with mealworms as the only protein source

Pics
I have been absent because it took me a couple of days to get though a neat book, The Business Hen by Herbert Collingwood (1904). It's a vailable on line. Interesting how they sourced protein for poultry feed a century ago.

I come back to this thread and there are five pages of sociology. I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth and enjoy both gluttony and the notion of subsistance agriculture.

Do you have the link for that book?

I find old poultry-keeping books fascinating.

I have been absent because it took me a couple of days to get though a neat book, The Business Hen by Herbert Collingwood (1904). It's a vailable on line. Interesting how they sourced protein for poultry feed a century ago.

I come back to this thread and there are five pages of sociology. I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth and enjoy both gluttony and the notion of subsistance agriculture.
How appropriate, given the amount of comparing to how things used to be

And interesting ...I did the bolding of this quote from the 1910 edition
"It is now nearly twenty years since the first edition of "The Business Hen" was pubhshed. That book was prepared in order to answer thousands of questions which were asked by readers of The Rural New-Yorker. The original volume was crude and imperfect, yet it met with a large sale, chiefly because it was practi- cal and gave the everyday experiences of working hen men. The questions continued to come, and we found as the years went by that poultry culture was developing rapidly. Many new ideas were being developed, and continued years of experience gave a vast amount of new and useful information. ..."
https://archive.org/details/businesshenthela00coll/page/n11/mode/1up?view=theater
I would still like the edition you found also, if you would

Back
Top Bottom