feeding your flock snow in the winter months?

My coop does not have electric either. Winter time has always been a problem for me too.

This past summer I switched from a traditional waterer to a bucket with watering nipples.

I was afraid of the bucket freezing so I wrapped it in in silver faces bubble wrap (I got it in the insulation area at home depot) and taped it with aluminum duct tape.

The water hasn't frozen all winter even with several days below freezing and in zero degree weather and no external heat.

My coop does not have electric either. Winter time has always been a problem for me too.

This past summer I switched from a traditional waterer to a bucket with watering nipples.

I was afraid of the bucket freezing so I wrapped it in in silver faces bubble wrap (I got it in the insulation area at home depot) and taped it with aluminum duct tape.

The water hasn't frozen all winter even with several days below freezing and in zero degree weather and no external heat.

how cold did it get? It couldn't have been too terribly cold for not even the nipple to freeze?

how cold did it get? It couldn't have been too terribly cold for not even the nipple to freeze?
For the past week, it's been in the 20's, yesterday it was a high of 13 and currently it's -8.

Just came in and the water is not frozen.

As far as the nipples, there seems to be one of the 9 girls drinking from a nipple.

Back
Top Bottom