Feeds affecting laying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
What have the companies said about this when they were approached (accused)? Did anyone even contact the companies before spreading this stuff?
This woman called them up to ask about what feeds they make. When she asked if they made Producer's Pride, the rep responded "yes, and we haven't had any issues with it." But she said this unprompted and the call never mentioned any issues.

This woman called them up to ask about what feeds they make. When she asked if they made Producer's Pride, the rep responded "yes, and we haven't had any issues with it." But she said this unprompted and the call never mentioned any issues.
That woman is connecting dots but they don't tell the story she wants. It makes no sense for a feed company to hurt a minor segment of the egg industry to try and sell more eggs, especially at these prices.

That woman is connecting dots but they don't tell the story she wants. It makes no sense for a feed company to hurt a minor segment of the egg industry to try and sell more eggs, especially at these prices.
Somebody here asked if anybody has contacted the companies yet and if so, what did they say, so, I just posted the only video I know of somebody doing that. I'm not sure I understand the rest of your post. I don't see how this would hurt a segment of the egg industry. It would be quite the opposite.

for all you know her girlfriend was in the other room pretending to be Purina.
If she had dialed a verified customer service number and had recorded the other person answering (which is really a fat chance encounter these days. Your chickens fall off their roost of old age by the time you get a real live person on the line)
besides making motion sick, I study her body language before I listen....
LOL, nope.
Depending where you are it might not be legal to just tape phone conversations without both parties being in agreement.
Or rather where the other party in the conversation is.
So your verified account that somebody contacted Purina is some tictoc woman. 🤷‍♀️

ETA:
feed companies are also making profit these days.

Somebody here asked if anybody has contacted the companies yet and if so, what did they say, so, I just posted the only video I know of somebody doing that. I'm not sure I understand the rest of your post. I don't see how this would hurt a segment of the egg industry. It would be quite the opposite.
She is trying to connect the dots of Purina made bad feed for backyard breeders to decrease egg production so people buying those eggs would be forced to buy from Cal Maine Foods and Wayne Farms, both owned partially by Land O Lakes at these elevated prices thus increasing the profits for the mega egg farms.

It makes even less sense when you consider that the Feed companies are often worth $100 Billion or more, and they are buying up chicken companies and egg companies worth a few $billion each.

Who in their right mind would damage the company reputation for their major product lines to drive demand for a minor investment the company made with a week or two in revenue?

Once more, for those in the back. The money is not in making chickens. Or making eggs. Those are bit players in the industry. The money is in making feed for livestock. (Admittedly, margins aren't great in either business) More money (margins) is made in processing packaging raw ingredients into finished product.

/edit to add Land O Lakes 2021 Annual Report

Last edited:
Probably correct. That post planted Cargill in my head. Main point being that no one company owns Purina as a whole.
I dont know what they make (which part of the feed chain) but archer Daniel's midland (A.D.M.) also makes something for animal feed. I've witnessed silos full of what looked and smelled just like starter being filled into 18 wheelers and train cars

I dont know what they make (which part of the feed chain) but archer Daniel's midland (A.D.M.) also makes something for animal feed. I've witnessed silos full of what looked and smelled just like starter being filled into 18 wheelers and train cars
You can ask them.

L-Lysine (several preparations)
L-Threonine (don't see this much on poultry labels - at least, I don't recall seeing it there)
Other stuff I see more on EU labels (Valine, Isoleucine)
Lots of Enzymes, including Phytase
Premixes.

Full Catalog

People saying chickens slowed within a day or started laying tons of eggs within a day of changing feed, It's hard for me to believe anything can affect egg laying that fast. I say that cause it factually takes 36 hours from a mating to get a fertile egg so that tells me nothing is practically instant with a hen producing an egg. Then on top of that reducing that by what I would GUESS approximately 6 or 8 hours to digest food to be able to "use" whatever good or bad that's in it makes no sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom