Feeds affecting laying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
She says again:

All of my laying chickens are laying. They've been on Dumor for over a month because that's what TSC had when I went to the store. I got 10 eggs today day from 11 layers (one is broody). But I guess no one cares because it doesn't fit their theory?
What’s up with the last sentence? I thought we were here for information, I don’t usually feed Dumor so I was curious, about others experience. Looks like you are an OG with the forum or at least quite active on the forum, should newbie’s toss your info because you have an issue with a theory?

So all this information is coming from Facebook? Ha. One if the most reputable sources for information. That's all I needed to read.
No, it's not coming from Facebook. There are legitimate reports from people from many other countries as well, as these are not from Facebook but from individuals responding on forums, blogs, and videos of long time off grid self-sufficient people and the like. One person contacted Purina and got some very obvious run around. Make what you want of it, but it's a real phenomenon for whatever reason, or reasons.

Actually, we are comparing feed labels right here.

and plenty of us more experienced osters have talked about the effects of daylight hours, the freakish weather we've had of late further reducing effective daylight hours (and environmental stressors on chickens), the effects of hen age on both total rate of lay and tendency to "pause" (since so many have birds that laid thru their first winter, bought near start of pandemic, and are now experiencing their first adult molt) and exploring other factors (very old feeds from poor inventory management, something some TSC locations are famed for), increased aflatoxins from unusually wet periods near harvest, etc...

but for the few who have rejected all those alternative explanations, and also won't trust a feed label (but won't send it for testing, either)? They have created an unfalsifiable narrative by rejecting all contrary evidence to reinforce their prexisting world view, reality be damned. ...I can't cure stupid, all I can do is try to help fix ignorance.
It is happening to first time layers as well, pullets, that just started laying in September and already showing problems in October and November. It may not be the feed, or it may be, or it may be a combination of things and may be something different in different areas, but it is a very unusual and never before happening for many long term chicken raisers.

Cargill is the nation's largest privately held company, and one of its biggest feed producers. Depending on who you ask, they are worth about $165 BILLION. Continental Grain and they just got approval to buy up major poultry producer Sanderson Farms (ranked #3) for pocket change, a measely $4.5 Billion. that's not even one month's revenues. Continental already owns Wayne Farms (lots of their poultry places around me). Wayne is #6 pountry producer here in the US.

Cal-Maine Foods is the top US egg producer - They are worth about $2.6 Billion

Tell me again how poultry producers are paying off feed producers???
With all due respect, I'd say you know little to nothing about Cargil, ADM, and the others. I do, directly, for years now. They are not at all what they pretend to be, nor are the headmasters who you may think they are. Look into who is in the driver's seat of these and why.

People that will assume their governments/administrations would never do anything to affect a desired outcome are the ignorant ones. They do it every day but it’s always passed off as “conspiracy theories.” Funny how many times they are proven true.
When you're one step ahead of the masses you're a genius. When you're two steps ahead you're a crackpot.

It’s all about control. If you aren’t getting as many eggs, if your garden isn’t doing as well as it should because seeds have been altered, your milk cow isn’t producing as much milk, etc. then you have to rely on whoever to get what you need to survive. If you can provide your own food by gardening, raising cattle, chickens and other livestock, you don’t need “them.” Which makes you harder to control. Am I a conspiracy theorist? Maybe. But anyone who puts too much trust in any government/administrations is in for a rude awakening.
As the saying goes: When you're one step ahead of the masses you're a genius, when you're two steps ahead you're a crackpot. The world is more and more full of overly trusting head-in-the-sand naive people. Not saying this is for sure a widespread feed problem, but it can't be ruled out. As well, the grain was in general very poor quality this past year. People don't realize just how disgusting the grain is that's taken to the elevators and put in , yes, not just animal feed, but human as well. Regulations, you say? Ha. Again, I have very first hand knowledge of this, and much more.

You really should get out more. Simply inexcusable to know nothing about how the world works, and not just in 2023, but throughout all of recorded history. That said, this is about chickens and eggs and possible problems.
Didn't answer the question. Which government and which administration is supposedly targeting whatever people think they are with this 'plot'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom