Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics

picklestheduck

Obsessed with Animals🦆🐓🐥🐴🐱🐶
Premium Feather Member
Oct 16, 2021
Michigan
So I have 15 laying hens, and 6 laying ducks and I feed Purina layena and I’ve been mixing in country spirit layer crumbles due to feed prices. But I’ve noticed, egg production has dropped from around 12-15 eggs a day, to about 2 duck eggs, and usually only 1-2 chicken eggs. There was a miracle yesterday and I got three chicken eggs. I had originally thought it was just because of winter, but now I’m beginning to think otherwise. Recently I’ve been hearing about feed being the reason for loss of egg production, and sone things about high soy content in chicken feed. I’ve also heard some rumors about deficiencies which can be “cured” by mixing in rice and pinto beans well cooked into feed if someone chooses to feed the brands which are deficient. I’m slightly skeptical about trying these things, and although I want to change feeds asap, I have just over 200 pounds of the old stuff. What are your thoughts on these events? What feed do you get? How many eggs are you getting each day? I have customers who rely on me for eggs and so I’m struggling with this. Any thoughts appreciated.

Attachments

• DD37DC23-12E9-43D5-A7C2-DF23BDF1DF21.jpeg
    DD37DC23-12E9-43D5-A7C2-DF23BDF1DF21.jpeg
    238 KB · Views: 455
  • 22AA0C1E-F76D-4110-ABF7-FF129E4CB6C7.jpeg
    22AA0C1E-F76D-4110-ABF7-FF129E4CB6C7.jpeg
    193.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 4897DB50-64C1-463E-8E40-37FCA3281E6C.jpeg
    4897DB50-64C1-463E-8E40-37FCA3281E6C.jpeg
    207.4 KB · Views: 26
I don't think Rice and pinto beans are going to do anything. They're fillers and birds have an iffy relationships beans anyway.
I'm not sure if soy effects laying or not but protein might. Even though there can be problems with soy, i dont think it would decrease laying. I buy the Nutrina Egg producer, you might be able order it to your feed store. It'd 21% protein, $21 here, 6
$6 less than flock raiser and $2 ish dollars more that %16 dumor

I don't think Rice and pinto beans are going to do anything. They're fillers and birds have an iffy relationships beans anyway.
I'm not sure if soy effects laying or not but protein might. Even though there can be problems with soy, i dont think it would decrease laying. I buy the Nutrina Egg producer, you might be able order it to your feed store. It'd 21% protein, $21 here, 6
$6 less than flock raiser and $2 ish dollars more that %16 dumor
Ok great thank you. Yeah I wasn’t so sure how I felt about the rice and beans, and last I heard it had mostly been something someone suggested and no one had confirmed results.

My girls are also not laying at all. Normally, I would see an increase in production. I have noticed that the feed (Purina) does not smell the same as it used to. There are many people on other social media platforms discussing this. My vote is that they are cheaping out the feed and adding too many fillers.
Agreed. I am headed out to feed the horses, but I will respond to this when I come back in.

Totally. I’ve had issues for months, and I’ve heard lots of people using Dumor and producers pride have had major issues with laying decreasing. I only ever used Purina and Country spirit. I finally just switched to Nutrena 18% protein soy free layer pellet called hearty hen I believe. Within four days of switching their feed, I’ve already seen an egg increase each day. When before I was maybe getting one-two I suddenly got four. I have 15 laying hens in there… that’s not many eggs from them, but that’s more than we were getting. It’s still increasing and I’m excited to see what it does as time goes on. I’ve gotten weird looks, and people have thought I’m weird and outright said to me that’s not the reason my hens stopped laying, but in the end it’s my decision to do what I think is right for my flock, and although I was slightly nervous that it wouldn’t work,I'm glad I switched because it’s already paying off. I 100% recommend Nutrena soy free later pellets, they have already made a huge difference for my birds. I hope this helps.

Attachments

• FC03E827-68DE-4657-BF40-720FCFD8EB93.jpeg
    FC03E827-68DE-4657-BF40-720FCFD8EB93.jpeg
    730 KB · Views: 25
Ok great thank you. Yeah I wasn’t so sure how I felt about the rice and beans, and last I heard it had mostly been something someone suggested and no one had confirmed results.
The rice and beans add protein and the two ingredients said to be now reduced in the TS/Purina feed. They are actually good for chickens.
On a side note, I no longer trust the ingredient list or percents since there is no trustworthy agency, ie one that cannot be paid off, to police the companies, esp companies whose owners and ceos have ties to WEF.

The rice and beans add protein and the two ingredients said to be now reduced in the TS/Purina feed. They are actually good for chickens.
On a side note, I no longer trust the ingredient list or percents since there is no trustworthy agency, ie one that cannot be paid off, to police the companies, esp companies whose owners and ceos have ties to WEF.
Don't worry defatted House Cricket powder is coming down the pike if not already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom