Feeds affecting laying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Any of them
you would have more credibility when you said the big for industrial conglomerates that control over 80% of the markets.

As it is, Aunt Angus is rising to the challenge.
Are you willing to put your feed where your fingers are?
She has posted a number of labs she found, pick one. Help her pick a feed, have her send you a sample to send in, whatever.

What are the specific feeds and brands that are seeming to be a problem? I am open-minded about this since agencies such as the FDA and USDA are not in favor of small farmers or people producing their own food. They work in favor of the monopoly of our food supply and the factory farms, which are such horrific places that I believe anybody in favor of them should never own an animal.

But winter doesn't seem to be a very good time to judge whether decreased egg production is due to the feed, since chickens normally lay less or not at all during the winter months.

Is there a noticeable difference between chickens eating local feed, and chickens eating these Tractor Supply brands? Or is anyone noticing a major difference between this winter and previous winters with chickens on the same feed, of the same age?

Testing the feed like Aunt Angus is doing seems like a good idea to me.

you would have more credibility when you said the big for industrial conglomerates that control over 80% of the markets.

As it is, Aunt Angus is rising to the challenge.
Are you willing to put your feed where your fingers are?
She has posted a number of labs she found, pick one. Help her pick a feed, have her send you a sample to send in, whatever.
I don’t have a problem with the type of feed I use, but someone who has had a problem with egg production that is or has used the feed in question should definitely be willing to have it tested.

What are the specific feeds and brands that are seeming to be a problem? I am open-minded about this since agencies such as the FDA and USDA are not in favor of small farmers or people producing their own food. They work in favor of the monopoly of our food supply and the factory farms, which are such horrific places that I believe anybody in favor of them should never own an animal.

But winter doesn't seem to be a very good time to judge whether decreased egg production is due to the feed, since chickens normally lay less or not at all during the winter months.

Is there a noticeable difference between chickens eating local feed, and chickens eating these Tractor Supply brands? Or is anyone noticing a major difference between this winter and previous winters with chickens on the same feed, of the same age?

Testing the feed like Aunt Angus is doing seems like a good idea to me.
the regulations over which the FDA resides are not in favor of small producers.
and the large producers have better means to circumvent them.
Until something goes wrong.

You are right though. there are so many variables in this chicken game that can affect the egg production.
that is why the big producers reduce them as much as possible for a steady supply.
This is my first season, my 5 girls started laying in November and have given me between 2 and 4 eggs every day, fewer during the polar vortex storms. I had the occasional 5 egg day as well.
but my birds are not from production lines. I feed a regional feed with calcium on the side, a mix of scratch grains and mealworms added for entertainment. Greens or yard waste when I have it.
all of those quantities make it difficult to pinpoint what is going on.
Especially since I do not keep a strick diary of events. I should journal that.
For the garden as well.

They make the case that the CIA was embarrassed thet they did not restrain Oswald when they had the chance. There is no hint that the CIA and Oswald were in cahoots.
Funny that you took what I said and turned it into something I did not say. I did not claim they were in cahoots I was saying the files heavily implicate a responsibility on the part of the CIA who were aware of everything Oswald was doing and never took any action. I don't think there will ever be an admission or unredacted file released that would indicate direct involvement like the FBI & Camden 33 for example (come to think of it, many of the FBI ops lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom