Feeds affecting laying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Not yet, but someone has a sample in transit. Two more folks have offered, and someone has even seen offered to help pay. I'm grateful! Restores my faith in people a little.

What's weird, though, is that the guy everyone says Isa food expert (can't remember his name - my b) hasn't released any results. I think he was supposed to conduct testing a while ago and hasn't. Most of the labs I've contacted have a turnaround time of 5 business days. I want to see those results, too.
Oh good, so you will at least have one sample to work with. I'm very curious to see the results too. Maybe if that guy is having it tested for toxins and such it may take longer. Hopefully someone will post his results as well to compare yours with.

Oh good, so you will at least have one sample to work with. I'm very curious to see the results too. Maybe if that guy is having it tested for toxins and such it may take longer. Hopefully someone will post his results as well to compare yours with.
I'm having it tested for toxins, too, so idk. Maybe he's doing other tests I can't get at a lab? Idk. I hope he releases info soon. I'm so curious, and I'm hoping our tests validate the other's.

There's nothing wrong with having a healthy dose of skepticism. But the FACTS are that there are a lot reasons why someone's hens may not be laying, 98.5% of which have nothing to do with commercial feed. Many just feel it's irresponsible and unproductive to jump to that conclusion with not a shred of evidence.

Speaking of evidence @Aunt Angus , have you received any feed samples yet?
I was not referring specifically to the claimed feed problems, but the mentioned connections of corruption and collusion and deception referred to by the commenter. I agree, skepticism is essential. The problem is that many refuse to use that skepticism across the board and question the organizations, corporations, agencies, etc., that they choose to adamantly defend without the deep research that it involves and should be done before dismissing others that have done that deep dive. Agree also that there are many contributing factors to all health related issues regardless of the species, but also your conclusion that 98.5% have nothing to do with commercial feed is simply an opinion and yours to freely make, but it carries no weight in the actual investigation.

I'm having it tested for toxins, too, so idk. Maybe he's doing other tests I can't get at a lab? Idk. I hope he releases info soon. I'm so curious, and I'm hoping our tests validate the other's.
You're referring to Mike Adams I believe. I don't know how long it will take him to post results but he does do a very deep analysis but he's not a full time lab guy and has a ranch and multiple facets of his business he's involved in.

You're referring to Mike Adams I believe. I don't know how long it will take him to post results but he does do a very deep analysis but he's not a full time lab guy and has a ranch and multiple facets of his business he's involved in.
I'm busy, too, but I'd have had it done by now. I work 50+ hrs a week at my "day job" and manage a small farm. Has he posted any updates at all? I'm super curious.

There's nothing wrong with having a healthy dose of skepticism. But the FACTS are that there are a lot reasons why someone's hens may not be laying, 98.5% of which have nothing to do with commercial feed. Many just feel it's irresponsible and unproductive to jump to that conclusion with not a shred of evidence.

Speaking of evidence @Aunt Angus , have you received any feed samples yet?
Ah, rereading my previous post I see where you might have interpreted my statement that this has happened also to hogs and beef cows to mean having intentional or unintentional feed issues. What I was referring to was the intentional killing of thousands of animals, or so it was reported anyway.

I’ve been feeding scratch and pecks organic grub layer pellets (which is definitely not a cheap feed with cheaper ingredients) for a year and starting late October I was only getting about two eggs a day. I have 12 chickens, 7 of which were pullets hatched in late April. This winter has been very rainy with more snow than usual for the So Cal mountains (we get very rainy years every few years in So Cal, I didn’t have chickens in the last rainy year). Now with the lengthening daylight hours and warmer weather I have jumped to 10/12 chickens laying every day to every other day, no change in my feed. This jump in laying has happened in a matter of two weeks. Just wanted to add in my experience with an egg decline in winter but a huge spike now with a non TSC/Purina feed.

I see nothing about it on his site. Would you mind sending me a PM with link?
I'm not sure what you mean by seeing nothing on his site? Are you referring to accessing his lab? He does not normally test products other than what he's going to sell or recommend. I am not sure who has contacted him about the feed questions or sent feed or if he purchased a bag from a local TSC. All I know is that a few people responded to a post about the feed question stating that Mike is testing a bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom