Feeds affecting laying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, 1 question, Why would a feed company taint the feed they retail? I know nothing about chickens, this I admit freely, however I do know business and that is counterproductive to maintaining a customer stream.
I agree and I don’t know that is happening on purpose. I don’t even buy into the theory that’s happening. I think a theory could be sources have changed and supply chain is a mess globally so why wouldn’t this also be impacted? I have no knowledge of this but has sure thrown a wrench into everything else why not animal feed? Its possible cost and quality have both come into play and sources could have changed.

I don't really know how to respond as I don't want to drag this into a completely off topic discussion, but I think you're 100% wrong and your analyses about "conspiracy theorists" aren't based in fact or reality.
Right now the "conspiracy theorists" are batting 1000 on most subjects, and it seems that people suffering consequences are the ones that didn't heed their warnings. But oh well.

Ok, Daylight, age, breed then
The Daylight would be what one would expect to get in MA in Nov Dec and Jan. All birds about 8-9 months old. Isa Brown, Marans, Welsummer, Buff Orp, Wyandotte, Blue Rock Cross, Black Sex Link

Now, what can you tell me with that information? Absolutely nothing, because you insist on me excluding the most relevant information: all but one completely stopped laying until I switched feed, and now they're all laying again like they nothing every happened, and that's the same story with everyone else experiencing this phenomenon. But people like you would rather shove your heads in the sand and call us "gossipers" looking for "cheap thrills" and attention, rather than burden yourself with any potentially disturbing thoughts. I find it to be disingenuous, insulting, and shameful.
Perfectly normal. Same thing happened here with roughly the same age of birds. Except I didn’t change feed. I don’t use the products people are discussing, but I had the exact same experience. I’ve had it in the past as well with other young birds about the same age.

Someone post the lab on here so I can contact them with my feed. I was ignored posting my luck with labs yesterday. That’s everyone’s answer and I was trying to make that happen. I have the impression you all that keep saying test the feed have labs lined up ready to go so send me the contact and I will ship it off.

Maybe this quote from another thread will help:
Two folks on BYC recommended Midwest Labs, so that's who I was going to use.

I've had UC Davis test forage and soil, but seeing as how they are funded largely by the state, I figured the folks blaming the government for tainting the feed wouldn't appreciate that.

@Aunt Angus do you have anything to add to what I just quoted? (As information/advice for someone wanting to get feed tested.)

Hi, i wanted to add my thoughts in here. I havent read through all 37 pages , but i do agree they did something to the feed. I have fed my chickens Nutrena Naturewise layer pellets 16%protein, since they were 18 weeks old and laying. I had also fed my last chickens this and hadnt had a problem with it. Now this year my chickens have ate it, layed all summer, fall, and then went into a molt and stopped laying. Once again i was down to getting 1 egg a week not even from the same chicken. So i took it upon my self and did a little reasearch and i switched to Nutrena Naturwise All-flock 20% protein, ive been adding in corn, black oil sunflower seeds, and scratch grains not exceeding 10% of their diet. Then adding in crushed eggshells because of oyster shell allergies. Also adding in oats, peas, carrots on a weekly basisi. And all of a sudden im getting eggs again! I hope this helps, i just dont believe they would do this to feeds, To harm everyone getting eggs. I have a theory but dont want to get in trouble for saying it.

Which F sample we going with? I sent message just want to make sure we get all the things.

Attachments

• 4882C212-C0A2-4988-9260-706EA816FE15.png
    4882C212-C0A2-4988-9260-706EA816FE15.png
    469.3 KB · Views: 2
Hi, i wanted to add my thoughts in here. I havent read through all 37 pages , but i do agree they did something to the feed. I have fed my chickens Nutrena Naturewise layer pellets 16%protein, since they were 18 weeks old and laying. I had also fed my last chickens this and hadnt had a problem with it. Now this year my chickens have ate it, layed all summer, fall, and then went into a molt and stopped laying. Once again i was down to getting 1 egg a week not even from the same chicken. So i took it upon my self and did a little reasearch and i switched to Nutrena Naturwise All-flock 20% protein, ive been adding in corn, black oil sunflower seeds, and scratch grains not exceeding 10% of their diet. Then adding in crushed eggshells because of oyster shell allergies. Also adding in oats, peas, carrots on a weekly basisi. And all of a sudden im getting eggs again! I hope this helps, i just dont believe they would do this to feeds, To harm everyone getting eggs. I have a theory but dont want to get in trouble for saying it.
Our tin foil hats don’t need to match. What’s your theory? I have no problems with this getting tossed around on here.

And now ive heard that they want to track gardens

Maybe you heard about this program?
https://www.usda.gov/peoples-garden/what-pg
Yes, they are encouraging people to register "people's gardens." But those are gardens run by a group of people. They will not let you register your own private garden even if you wanted to:

People’s Gardens can be located on federally owned or leased property, at schools, faith-based centers and other places within the community. They cannot be located at private residences.

The kind of gardens they do want:
1. Benefit the community by providing food, beautification, wildlife habitat, education site, etc.
2. Are a collaborative effort. This can include groups working together with USDA agencies, food banks, Girl Scouts, Master Gardeners, conservation districts, etc.
3.Incorporate sustainable practices, such as using native plant species, rain barrels, integrated pest management, xeriscaping.
4. Educate the public about sustainable gardening practices and the importance of local, diverse sources of healthy food.

(Both quotes taken from the page I linked to, on the USDA official site.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom