Feeds affecting laying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you heard about this program?
https://www.usda.gov/peoples-garden/what-pg
Yes, they are encouraging people to register "people's gardens." But those are gardens run by a group of people. They will not let you register your own private garden even if you wanted to:

The kind of gardens they do want:

(Both quotes taken from the page I linked to, on the USDA official site.)
I think this may have been what ive seen. But i thought they wanted people to register all gardens maybe i was thinking of something else.

I think this may have been what ive seen. But i thought they wanted people to register all gardens maybe i was thinking of something else.
It's an understandable mixup, considering the name of the program. When I first heard about it, I was concerned enough to go look up the details, which is why I know how to find them now ;)

I'm just a working wife, mom, and volunteer with a full-time, demanding career and a small farming business on the side. There are lots of labs that do this kind of testing. I've gotten soil and forage tested before. Just send off a sample. Easy peasy.
@AuntAgnes, thank you again for doing this (sincerely) and trying to put the issue to rest. But, after reading all ramblings and paranoia here, I'm beginning to thnk that lab results won't make any difference to a disturbingly large portion of the population. The next theory will be that the labs are in cahoots with the government that licenses them and the government inspectors are sabatoging their machines to only produce favorable results.

Maybe this quote from another thread will help:

@Aunt Angus do you have anything to add to what I just quoted? (As information/advice for someone wanting to get feed tested.)
I just looked up ag testing. I'm using MidWest Labs once I get feed samples. I've used UC Davis before, but I figured the folks theorizing that the govt is behind this would disapprove.

I stopped following this thread because someone was being insulting. Sorry for not answering sooner.

Someone post the lab on here so I can contact them with my feed. I was ignored posting my luck with labs yesterday. That’s everyone’s answer and I was trying to make that happen. I have the impression you all that keep saying test the feed have labs lined up ready to go so send me the contact and I will ship it off.
There are MANY labs. Google them. You can find one near you

Hi, i wanted to add my thoughts in here. I havent read through all 37 pages , but i do agree they did something to the feed. I have fed my chickens Nutrena Naturewise layer pellets 16%protein, since they were 18 weeks old and laying. I had also fed my last chickens this and hadnt had a problem with it. Now this year my chickens have ate it, layed all summer, fall, and then went into a molt and stopped laying. Once again i was down to getting 1 egg a week not even from the same chicken. So i took it upon my self and did a little reasearch and i switched to Nutrena Naturwise All-flock 20% protein, ive been adding in corn, black oil sunflower seeds, and scratch grains not exceeding 10% of their diet. Then adding in crushed eggshells because of oyster shell allergies. Also adding in oats, peas, carrots on a weekly basisi. And all of a sudden im getting eggs again! I hope this helps, i just dont believe they would do this to feeds, To harm everyone getting eggs. I have a theory but dont want to get in trouble for saying it.
You do realize both of the feeds are made by the same company, right? Why would they taint one and not the other?

@AuntAgnes, thank you again for doing this (sincerely) and trying to put the issue to rest. But, after reading all ramblings and paranoia here, I'm beginning to thnk that lab results won't make any difference to a disturbingly large portion of the population. The next theory will be that the labs are in cahoots with the government that licenses them and the government inspectors are sabatoging their machines to only produce favorable results.
As far as I can tell I’m the one sitting here with feed asking where to send and asking questions and been in contact with labs trying to make this happen. The side you seem to be sitting on isn’t really helping other than the quoted post of Midwest labs. Filled out form posted questions waiting answers. Also posted the non response from lab I had only return contact from. I don’t care who believes what I’m looking for real results and the it’s not the feed crowd isn’t as helpful when it’s time to actually send it out. If they don’t know fine but they are equally wrong in claiming their beliefs without aiding in any help. Telling someone how easy it is without saying how isn’t helpful…. So anyone that knows what feed sample besides protein on the form give me proper F number associated so I can be ready to send if lab responds to contact form.

As far as I can tell I’m the one sitting here with feed asking where to send and asking questions and been in contact with labs trying to make this happen. The side you seem to be sitting on isn’t really helping other than the quoted post of Midwest labs. Filled out form posted questions waiting answers. Also posted the non response from lab I had only return contact from. I don’t care who believes what I’m looking for real results and the it’s not the feed crowd isn’t as helpful when it’s time to actually send it out. If they don’t know fine but they are equally wrong in claiming their beliefs without aiding in any help. Telling someone how easy it is without saying how isn’t helpful…. So anyone that knows what feed sample besides protein on the form give me proper F number associated so I can be ready to send if lab responds to contact form.
Do your own research. Their catalog is posted. Read it. That's what I did.

Where do you live, then? I'll find one for you.
Sunbury, Ohio.

Here you go:
Screenshot_20230207-163453.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom