Feeling overwhelmed and having second thoughts!

hi, I yesterday I bought two little cuckoo marans to put under broody hens. one has been brooding for 4 month. I tried all the way I knew to stop the broodiness in two hens (Chicken Little and Henny Penny) . cooling the chickens with cool water , giving very cold water to drink, shoving them out of the nest numerous times a day, locking hens out of the chicken coop, isolating hens in a kennel to get extra air flow too cool them. putting frozen vegetables in the nests,( they both sat and thawed them out. I even put hens in cold water. So I gave in and put 1 little chick under each hen this morning before it got light. I a afraid they might freak out and hurt the chicks, what is the probability the chick will be okay. Right now the hens are sitting on the chicks and are all fluffed out with wing out so for now it looks okay. when do I need to move the hens and chicks?

I have 4 young kids (5 and under) so I'm right there with you, especially since I already have my chicks and the snow hasn't melted to build the coop! lol. I just involve the kids as much as possible (with limits of course) with feeding, watering etc. YOU'LL BE OKAY. I swear.
Damn.... you be gettin' busy! :bun

Back
Top Bottom