Female duck quacking her head off for no reason?

JNC

Songster
May 5, 2020
Kendallville Indiana, US
My duck has been recently quacking really loud like in the video. She normally stands there and quacks really loud. Could it be because you can see the lake from there? She also did it one time when we where at the lake and a wild mallard duck landed close to us and the mallard quacked and then my duck heard it and started quacking like crazy. She also does it when I separate her from the other ducks. But I just want to know why she just stands there and quacks sometimes.

one of my girls quacks really loud when she wants attention. if i’m inside and she wants me to come get her, she will just stand in one place and quack. even though she knows i’ll let her in if she comes up to the door.

could your duck be quacking for attention?

one of my girls quacks really loud when she wants attention. if i’m inside and she wants me to come get her, she will just stand in one place and quack. even though she knows i’ll let her in if she comes up to the door.

could your duck be quacking for attention?
My ducks do that too! Everytime they hear my car pull up. Everytime they see me through the window. Everytime they hear me open a door. Or just whenever they think they might get me to come out and take them for a walk. Quack quack quack quack quack!!!!! We call it shout quacking. They are very needy.

My duck has been recently quacking really loud like in the video. She normally stands there and quacks really loud. Could it be because you can see the lake from there? She also did it one time when we where at the lake and a wild mallard duck landed close to us and the mallard quacked and then my duck heard it and started quacking like crazy. She also does it when I separate her from the other ducks. But I just want to know why she just stands there and quacks sometimes.
She could be a very important duck with a lot of important things to say. I have one of those. My other ones have reasons for quacking. They usually want attention or food or walks.

When you separate her she's calling her flock.

One of my Cayugas was a shouter. Reminded me of my Aunt at thanksgiving, no volume control on that one!

She went in a breeding trio to a nice lady with a 1/2 acre pond 😂

Ducks will QUACk non-stop for a number of reasons, but most often you'll see them quacking when they're either scared/stressed, trying to get attention, or what I see a lot, quacking because they are away from their flock.

Back
Top Bottom