Female Faverolles ... where to order?

LeahinTexas

Hatching
9 Years
Feb 1, 2010
I am thinking of ordering three sexed female Faverolles chicks. From what I can tell, I can order five from Cackle for $28.85, or 3 for $41.70 from My Pet Chicken.

Does anyone have experience with either of these hatcheries? Any words of wisdom?
smile.png

These are for a backyard situation in the suburbs of Houston. I am interested in this breed because of their docility.

Thanks,

Leah

LeahinTexas

Hatching
9 Years
Feb 1, 2010
I didn't see Faverolles on their site, which made me think they don't have them. Should I call or send an email?

Leah

sune42

Songster
10 Years
Mar 13, 2009
Northern Kentucky
Meyer Hatchery in OH has them too. I don't know where Cackle or MPC ships from. Your best choice would be the one closest to you that lets you order the amount you need.

tammyd57

Songster
9 Years
Feb 12, 2010
Central Valley, California
Cackle ships from Missouri and they do have Faverolle pullets--5 for $13.85. I have ordered from them several times and had really good experiences. Their minimum order is 15.

ETA: Looking in the back of their catalog, you can order just 5 but it is much more expensive, $41.00 including shipping.

Last edited:

texasgal

Brood with an Attitude
10 Years
Apr 18, 2009
I don't know where you are in Texas, but Melissa ( pasofinfarms ) here on BYC sometimes has chicks. You should pm her and see when she's going o hatch again. Salmon Favs can be sexed at just days old .. and she has really nice birds ..

Top Bottom