Female kitten marking

DianeB

Crowing
15 Years
Mar 12, 2009
We just adopted a sweet kitten amonth ago. After getting over a bad head cold, she is now showing her true personality. For some reason she marks my sister's bed and chicken's crate - she's fascinated with them. We do have an older fixed male cat that does not mark - and to the best of my knowledge still doesn't. I thought that female cats didn't mark. She is an indoor cat with her own litterbox, food and water dish in another room from our other cat. What do I do? Is this normal? Ever have a female kitten mark? She also has a thing for cardboard. Likes to chew on it. She just went to the vet today She is as healthy as a horse.

Is your kitten spayed yet? If not then I would have her spayed b/c more times than not that helps with the marking. We have 9 cats all of whom are spayed/neutered and we've never had a problem however we have two females that aren't spayed b/c of being having FIV and they still mark.
Do you have a pic of your new kitten? What did you name her?

Last edited:
Quote:
She probably about 4 1/2 to 5 months old and was spayed at about 3 1/2 to 4 months old. I doubt she was sexually mature before she was neutered.

Bella does seem to be a little bossy and dominate.

Was she checked for a urine infection? Its pretty rare that a fixed female will spray....
Are there any other female cats around??

Many kittens will do this fixed or not, male or female. As far as your sister's bed, is this where she sleeps most of the time? Bad way to compliment, but she is marking sis as her's. She should grow out of that.
The crates, she probably feels a threat, so her mark is there to possibly show her dominance, or jealousy.
How old is she?

Last edited:
Do you know what I can do? We do try to give them their own space, things and individual time. The other cat does not seem to object when she wants to go somewhere or do something. Will she stop when she grows up and everyone accepts her as the boss?

Quote:
She doesn't have an infection. It is pretty intential marking. She is pretty bold and will mark right in front of us. We have one 5 year old neutered male. He pretty much lets her do what she wants.

Quote:
She doesn't have an infection. It is pretty intential marking. She is pretty bold and will mark right in front of us. We have one 5 year old neutered male. He pretty much lets her do what she wants.

Weird! Shes just being a butt head then!
lol.png
Marking her territory...

Back
Top Bottom